Terms and Conditions
1. Hire Rates and Discounts
|1st September to 15th October||$90 per day|
|16th October to 15th December||$150 per day|
|16th December to 28th February||$170 per day|
|1st March to 15th April||$150 per day|
|16th April to 31st May||$90 per day|
|1st June to 31st August||Please email for a quote|
Rates include unlimited kilometres and GST
2. Booking Amendments or Rental Extensions
If you wish to make any changes to your booking this may incur additional cost. Please contact Pop About Campers (email [email protected]) stating your quote reference number.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Pop About Campers. This is subject to availability. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone immediately on confirmation of the rental extension. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in the renter being charged double the daily gross rental rate.
3. Standard Insurance and Insurance Excess Reduction Opinions
Insurance Reduction Options
The below reduction options do not include windscreen and tyre damage (renter is responsible for windscreen and tyre damage at all times).
|Cost Per Day||Bond||Liability|
|Liability Reduction Option*||$20 per day to max of 50 days or $1000||$500||$500|
*Minimum rental period of 7 days for liability reduction option
4. Vehicle Demonstration on Pick up
On pick up of the vehicle, our staff will provide a complimentary vehicle demonstration. This includes an explanation of all the interior and exterior features of the vehicle as well as driving tips.
5. Travel Insurance/Personal Insurance
Pop About Campers strongly recommend that hirers ensure they take out the highest level of Travel Insurance.
6. Security Deposit/Bond
For security purposes, only a credit card can be used to provide a Bond. The bond will be debited to the credit card account immediately. When the bond is debited a non-refundable credit card administration fee of 2.8% will apply for Visa and MasterCard. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Bond upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. The bond is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned on time to the correct location, is full of fuel and all other terms of the rental agreement have been complied with. If there is damage to the vehicle on its return the bond will be used to cover the cost of such damage up to the amount of the relevant liability. However, if the terms of the rental agreement are breached and the bond is insufficient to cover the damage than any extra costs will be charged. Refunds by credit card including bond can take up to 20 working days.
7. Included in your Rental Fee
- Freedom camping certified allowing for free camping around New Zealand
- Unlimited Kilometres
- Bluetooth AM/FM Car Stereo
- Power steering
- Air conditioning in driver/ passenger cabin
- 24hr AA Roadside Assistance
- Kitchen with two burner gas hob, sink, and fresh water tap
- 12 Volt 60 litre compressor fridge/freezer
- Full Gas Bottle (LPG)
- Cooking Equipment, 2 x saucepans with lid, 2 x frying pan, toaster both gas and electric, kettle
- Cutlery, 4 x knives, forks, spoons, and tea spoons
- Utensils, sharp knife, 2 x salad servers, can opener, tongs, fish slice, salt & pepper, 2 x chopping boards, 2 x plastic bowls, colander
- Dishes, 4 x plates, bowls, mugs, 2 x wine glasses, 2 x tumblers
- Cleaning equipment, microfibre cloth, sponge, cleaning spray, dishwashing liquid, dishwashing brush, dust pan and brush, plastic bucket
- 2 x pillows, pillowcases, 1 x doona (duvet), 2 x bed sheets, 2 x bath towels, clothes line and pegs
- 2 x camp chairs and a table
- Fresh water hose, waste water hose
- Fresh water pressurised shower
- Dual 12-volt battery system with 12-volt LED interior lights
- 240-volt mains campground hook up
- Cassette toilet
- Fresh water 50 litres
8. Rental Duration / Minimum hire
The minimum rental period for all vehicles is seven days. Between 16th December and 28th February a minimum rental period of 14 days applies. Minimum rental periods are subject to change during peak periods.
9. Driver’s Licence and Minimum Age
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required. If the driver’s licence is not in the English language then an international driver’s licence is also required. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
The driver’s licence must be valid for the entire duration of the rental. The original driver’s licence must be shown at time of pick-up when the driver is present. The minimum age to drive the vehicle is 21 years.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over with a full drivers licence.
10. Branch Hours
We are open seven days a week, 8am to 4:30pm. We will be closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Good Friday.
11. One-Way Rentals/One Way Trips
One-way rentals are available by arrangement. Fees will be quoted at time of enquiry
Payment at Branches
For security reasons, Pop About Campers will only accept credit card or debit card for rental charges paid on vehicle pick up or drop off. Cash payments will not be accepted. The Bond on the vehicle is payable at pick-up by credit card. The Bond cannot be paid with a pre-paid Credit Card.
Payment to Confirm Booking Payment to confirm a booking with Pop About Campers requires a deposit of $250 (plus credit card fee of 2.8% if applicable) at time of booking regardless of your rental value.
30 or less days prior to pick-up 100% payment per rental is required.
13. Credit Cards
Pop About Campers accept Visa and MasterCard. Visa and MasterCard will incur an additional non-refundable 2.8% surcharge on any transaction.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate or fluctuations there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. We do not accept any liability for variances up or down. Refunds by credit card can take up to 20 working days.
14. Cancellation Fees
- If cancelled 31+ days prior to pick up - loss of deposit and credit card fees (minimum $250)
- If cancelled 30 to 7 days prior to pick up - 25% of Total Rental and credit card fees (minimum $250)
- If cancelled less than 7 days prior to pick up - 50% of Total Rental and credit card fees (minimum $250)
- If cancelled on the day of pick up or no show - 100% of Total Rental and credit card fees (minimum $250)
- There is no refund for late pick up or early return of vehicle.
15. Transfers/Airport Pick Up/Drop Off
Vehicles must be collected and returned to our branch (not airports). Transfers to and from Auckland airport to Pop About Campers branch are included in the rental price.
16. Smoking and Animals in vehicles
Service dogs are permitted to travel in our vehicles with prior permission from Pop About Campers. No other animals are permitted in the vehicles.
Smoking is not allowed in our vehicles.
17. Additional Charges
The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full of fuel or an additional charge of $75 plus fuel cost will be incurred
Toilet must be returned clean and empty or an additional fee of $250 will apply for cleaning and disposal
Vehicle must be returned in a clean and tidy state or an additional $250 cleaning fee will apply
All vehicles are designated smoke free. If smoking is undertaken inside the vehicle a cleaning fee of $100 will apply
Wastewater tank must be empty or a fee of $75 will apply.
All traffic infringements and fines (including speeding, parking, freedom camping and toll road infringements) are the liability of the hirer. In the event Pop About Campers receives notification of any infringement notice or fine a processing fee of NZ$75.00 will apply to all infringement notices or fines pertaining to a road or bridge toll.
Late Return Fee
A late return fee may apply if rental extension has not been authorised with Pop About Campers
18. Roadside Assistance/Repairs
In the event of a mechanical problem the AA service agent will provide on road help throughout New Zealand. Repairs need prior approval by Pop About Campers unless they are less than $50 New Zealand dollars and will be reimbursed providing all receipts are submitted and the Hirer was not directly responsible for the damage. No responsibility will be accepted for accommodation charges meals or out of pocket expenses resulting from a break down. Our liability extends only to refund of the rental charges for any days of total loss of vehicle usage caused by the mechanical breakdown, provided the Hirer notifies Pop About Campers as soon as possible to give us an opportunity to rectify the problem.